Abraham in the Holy Book

Abraham in the Scripture

peace about Religion

Abraham in the Bible


Ok... now I will share what I have already read and learned (?) from the bible about Abraham.
first... the most surprising about Abraham in the bible is, he wedded his own sister, Sarah.

let's take a look at these verses...

Abraham wedded his own sister (Sarah.) (?)


18 So Pharaoh summoned Abram. “What have you done to me?” he said. “Why didn’t you tell me she was your wife? 19 Why did you say, ‘She is my sister,’ so that I took her to be my wife? Now then, here is your wife. Take her and go!” 20 Then Pharaoh gave orders about Abram to his men, and they sent him on his way, with his wife and everything he had.

(Genesis 12:18-20)



11 Abraham replied, “I said to myself, ‘There is surely no fear of God in this place, and they will kill me because of my wife.’ 12 Besides, she really is my sister, the daughter of my father though not of my mother; and she became my wife. 13 And when God had me wander from my father’s household, I said to her, ‘This is how you can show your love to me: Everywhere we go, say of me, “He is my brother.”’”

(Genesis 20:11-13)

These 2 verses are very very surprising to me. a lot... is this a joke? is Abraham is really a prophet according to the "Holy" bible?

ARE THIS IS INCEST??!!! dude...

and... the second what surprised me is that Hagar, Sarai's (Abraham's wife) Egyptian slave is also Abraham's wife.

let's take a look at this...

Hagar Abraham's wife!


16 Now Sarai, Abram’s wife, had borne him no children. But she had an Egyptian slave named Hagar; 2 so she said to Abram, “The Lord has kept me from having children. Go, sleep with my slave; perhaps I can build a family through her.”

Abram agreed to what Sarai said. 3 So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. 4 He slept with Hagar, and she conceived.

When she knew she was pregnant, she began to despise her mistress. 5 Then Sarai said to Abram, “You are responsible for the wrong I am suffering. I put my slave in your arms, and now that she knows she is pregnant, she despises me. May the Lord judge between you and me.”

6 “Your slave is in your hands,” Abram said. “Do with her whatever you think best.” Then Sarai mistreated Hagar; so she fled from her.

(Genesis 16:1-6)


Unfulfilled prophecy

ok... the prophecy is this :


7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God.”


12 Abram lived in the land of Canaan, while Lot lived among the cities of the plain and pitched his tents near Sodom. 13 Now the people of Sodom were wicked and were sinning greatly against the Lord.

14 The Lord said to Abram after Lot had parted from him, “Look around from where you are, to the north and south, to the east and west. 15 All the land that you see I will give to you and your offspring forever.


13 Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, to whom you swore by your own self: ‘I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and I will give your descendants all this land I promised them, and it will be their inheritance forever.’”


and, after that prophecy read these verses. 


7 Then the high priest asked Stephen, “Are these charges true?”

2 To this, he replied: “Brothers and fathers, listen to me! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham while he was still in Mesopotamia before he lived in Harran. 3 ‘Leave your country and your people,’ God said, ‘and go to the land I will show you.’

4 “So he left the land of the Chaldeans and settled in Harran. After the death of his father, God sent him to this land where you are now living. 5 He gave him(Abraham) no inheritance here, not even enough ground to set his foot on. But God promised him that he and his descendants after him would possess the land, even though at that time Abraham had no child.

(Acts 7:1-5)

that's why this called unfulfilled prophecy. and the worst thing, it was god prophecy, in the bible.


and... read this. this is a few short stories about Abraham in the Qur'an. I don't want to make a comparison, I don't want to "attack", I just share what I read and know.

Abraham in the Qur'an


And We had certainly given Abraham his sound judgment before, and We were of him well-Knowing 51

When he said to his father and his people, "What are these statues to which you are devoted?" 52

They said, "We found our fathers worshippers of them." 53

He said, "You were certainly, you and your fathers, in manifest error." 54

They said, "Have you come to us with truth, or are you of those who jest?" 55

He said, "[No], rather, your Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth who created them, and I, to that, am of those who testify. 56

And [I swear] by Allah, I will surely plan against your idols after you have turned and gone away." 57

So he made them into fragments, except a large one among them, that they might return to it [and question]. 58

They said, "Who has done this to our gods? Indeed, he is of the wrongdoers." 59

They said, "We heard a young man mention them who is called Abraham." 60

They said, "Then bring him before the eyes of the people that they may testify." 61

They said, "Have you done this to our gods, O Abraham?" 62

He said, "Rather, this - the largest of them - did it, so ask them if they should [be able to] speak." 63

So they returned to [blaming] themselves and said [to each other], "Indeed, you are the wrongdoers." 64

Then they reversed themselves, [saying], "You have already known that these do not speak!" 65

He said, "Then do you worship instead of Allah that which does not benefit you at all or harm you? 66

Uff to you and to what you worship instead of Allah. Then will you not use reason?" 67

They said, "Burn him and support your gods - if you are to act." 68

Allah said, "O fire, be coolness and safety upon Abraham." 69

And they intended for him harm, but We made them the greatest losers. 70

And We delivered him and Lot to the land which We had blessed for the worlds. 71

And We gave him Isaac and Jacob in addition, and all [of them] We made righteous. 72

And We made them leaders guiding by Our command. And We inspired to them the doing of good deeds, the establishment of prayer, and giving of zakah (alms-giving); and they were worshippers of Us. 73

And to Lot, We gave judgment and knowledge, and We saved him from the city that was committing wicked deeds. Indeed, they were a people of evil, defiantly disobedient. 74

And We admitted him into Our mercy. Indeed, he was of the righteous. 75

That is Abraham/Ibrahim in the Qur'an.  (Al Anbiya:51-75)

yeah, there are more another Abraham on the Qur'an, I already read it and fine. if you want to know more about Abraham on the Qur'an, you can simply google for it. :3

ok... once again, I just share what I read. if you have a different opinion, maybe we can discuss it in our Social media group.

Thanks for your time.


Facebook twitter Google+

Related Post

Berlangganan update artikel terbaru via email:

0 Komentar